Favorite Attractions at Walt Disney World
I am often asked for suggestions on what to see or what not to miss when visiting Walt Disney World. That's a tough question because everybody has different tastes. But in the spirit of trying to be accommodating, here is what I like: Items noted with ** are my "not to miss" attractions.
- Under the Sea Journey: Enjoy a slow moving clam shell ride that takes you through Ariel's world.
- * The Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride: a mild roller coaster, no big drops fun for all of the family.
- Space Mountain: you must enjoy mild (but jerky) roller coaster action (in the dark).
- Splash Mountain: a cute ride with one quick drop. You will get wet.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: a mild roller coaster, no big drops (great at night).
- Pirates of the Caribbean: one of the oldest (but refurbished) rides at Disney.
- The Haunted Mansion: no one leaves Disney without visiting. The refurbishment makes it even better.
- Crystal Palace: a very busy place to have dinner with the Pooh gang.
- Happily Ever After: A great place to watch is in front of Casey’s on Main Street U.S.A.
Hollywood Studios (formerly Disney MGM Studios)
- ** Beauty and the Beast Show: the music and singing is the best!
- ** Toy Story Mania: a mild 3D action shoot 'em up ride
- Muppet Vision 3D: A good, but older, 3D presentation.
- Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular: worth seeing once.
- Rock'n Rollercoaster: must enjoy roller coasters of all kinds.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: a really great ride. No, you don't just drop 13 floors. Great visual effects.
- Prime Time Cafe: a fun place for dinner. Keep your elbows off the table though and be sure to eat all your vegetables!
- ** Fantasmic: Spectacular night time show - ask about the dinner package (advanced seating). Limited nights, check the schedule.
- ** The Festival of the Lion King: Located in the Africa section of the park.
- ** It's tough to be a bug: We've seen this 3D presentation over 50 times and can't wait to see it again.
- ** Expedition Everest: a roller coaster junkie'ss awesome ride.
- Primeval Whirl: prehysterical spinning roller coaster is a wacky run that sends you through a maze of curves, hills and drops.
- Finding Nemo: a musical that is bound to be enjoyed by everyone (don't sit in the bottom section)
- ** Kilimanjaro Safaris: a truck ride through the savannah. A two-week excursion that lasts 10 minutes.
- ** Turtle talk with Crush: see this amazing advancement in animation technology.
- ** Frozen Ever After: a magical boat ride through the story of Anna and Elsa – a stay dry ride
- Soarin': take a free-flying adventure across the natural wonders of the World
- Test Track: 60 mph action in a test vehicle.
- Mission Space: you'll really feel like your blasting off. Must be able to handle spinning sensation.
- Spaceship Earth: Refurbished in February 2008 this is worth a quick ride if the line is not long. There is a cute surprise during the ride.
- ** Illumination: night time display around the bay.
- Chef Mickey's: Buffet at the Contemporary Resort with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Pluto and Goofy.
- O'Hana: restaurant at the Polynesian Resort serving BBQ beef, turkey, pork and sausage on skewers.
- Beaches n Cream: soda shop at the Yacht/Beach Club features the greatest Hot Fudge Cake you'll ever have (ask about the kitchen sink). Stroll the Boardwalk when you're done.
- Typhoon Lagoon: the best water park in the world with the largest waves, long lazy river and crystal white sand. Lots of shade too if you get there early.
- Disney Springs: a great place to shop and walk around, especially in the evening. And as most people do, stroll into Ghirardelli's for a free piece of chocolate.